Contrary to a common misconception that a grain-less diet is healthy and helps lose weight, whole grains actually help in maintaining a normal body weight and have other numerous health benefits. So what is a whole grain? A whole grain contains all the essential parts of a grain which are the bran, germ and endosperm in natural unaltered proportions. Refined grains have the bran and germ stripped away therefore not as nutritious as whole grains. Some common examples of whole grains include brown bread, brown rice, oatmeal and whole cornmeal. Here are six reasons why you should include whole grains in your diet.
1) Whole grains are rich in fiber It is recommended that adults should consume twenty five to thirty five grams of fiber on a daily basis and this is a huge reason why you should make fiber part of your diet. Whole grains are rich in both soluble and insoluble fibers which are good for your body. Keep in mind that your body takes a relatively longer time digesting fiber than other food types such as proteins and fats therefore it gives you feel more satisfied for a long period of time. This makes you eat less hence comes in handy in maintaining a normal body weight. However all whole grains are not fiber rich, those high in fiber include barley, oats and bulgur.
2) Whole grains ease digestion Whole grains have a myriad of digestive benefits such as ensuring regular bowel movements. Reliable medical studies have ascertained that persons who consume grains rich in fiber seldom need laxative. Additionally the soluble and insoluble fibers present in whole grains reduce the chances of developing diverticulosis. Diverticulosis is a medical condition that causes formation of little pouches along the inner lining of the colon resulting in inflammation, constant diarrhea, constipation and abdominal pain. Whole grains contain a significant amount of lactic acid and this essentially ensures presence of good bacteria’ in the large intestines. The good bacteria aids in easier digestion, easier absorption of nutrients and even boosts your body’s immune system.
3) Whole grains significantly lower cholesterol Whole grains reduce the chances of developing heart ailment by preventing the body from absorbing harmful or bad’ cholesterol and triglycerides that contribute significantly to the development of heart ailment.
4) Whole grains helps lower blood pressure in hypertensive people Apart from preventing the body from absorbing bad cholesterol and heart ailment, reliable medical studies have ascertained that whole grains also come in handy in reducing blood pressure.
5) Whole grains help regulate blood glucose levels Whole grains rank lowly on the glycemic index meaning that these grains prevent blood sugar levels from spiking. This does not only lower the chances of developing diabetes but also helps persons with diabetes maintain a healthy blood glucose level. This is why doctors recommend that diabetics should consume large servings of whole proteins. Pre-diabetic people have lower chances of developing diabetes type 2 if they regularly consume whole grains.
6) Whole grains are rich in vitamin B Whole grains contain thiamin, riboflavin folic acid and niacin which are all B vitamins that accelerate metabolism. Folic acid is essential for expectant women as it aids in formation of red blood cells that are essential in preventing birth defects in infants.
Diet plays an essential role in disease and health. The foods we go for can assist in the prevention of numerous illnesses, hence improving the quality of life. In the local health food store or supermarket, there are more food varieties than ever before. What this does is that it brings about confusion in determining what food choices are really the healthiest.
People are opting for foods labeled natural or naturally grown over the conventionally grown ones. Natural foods can include vegetables, fruits, grains, eggs, dairy foods and to some extent poultry and meats. However, these foods can end up being more expensive compared to the conventional ones.
What Does The Term “Natural” Mean?
Natural foods are termed as those foods which are grown without the use of pesticide or synthetic fertilizers. Pesticides are control or control agents made to wipe out insects, fungal pests and weeds that harm crops. These have been shown to cause various illnesses such as cancer when they are in large amounts.
Natural foods don’t necessarily mean pesticide-free, as farmers can use natural pesticides like nicotine, copper, sulfur and these can contaminate them. Also, plants produce their own natural toxins that can also contaminate the foods making them unsafe for consumption. Naturally raised animals refer to the animals that are kept free from antibiotics and growth hormones and raised with organic feeds only.
Are “Natural” or “Naturally Labeled” Foods Safer For You?
The evidence is pretty conclusive with regards to pesticides. The chances of coming across pesticide residues are much high with natural foods compared to organic foods. Well, the reason for this is very clear: while organic foods are well regulated and monitored, their natural counterparts aren’t.
Therefore, you will not really know whether the food that is being presented to you as natural is really pesticide –free. Even more worrying is that the amount of man-made pesticides residues that are found in “natural” foods is in most cases well above the level that is deemed safe.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as well as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) monitor and regulate pesticides use and residues in organic foods. This is how “natural” or “natural grown” foods differ from their organic ones. The real problem for many people who consume natural foods is whether these small pesticide doses, over decades, might contribute to an increased health risk along the way.
Organic foods also come with strict rules concerning the level of natural contaminants that are allowed for safe consumption. These foods have also been shown to only contain small levels of these unsafe contaminants.
Whether you choose conventional or organic foods, health experts agree that the ideal way to guard yourself is by thoroughly rinsing all vegetables and fruits under running water. You should also even wash foods with inedible skins, like watermelons, since cutting the rinds using a knife can introduce contaminants to the inside.
How Do Appearance and Taste Compare To Conventional Foods?
Researches show no significant difference in flavor between grown and organic grown foods. Rather, taste. Differences seem to come from the foods’ growing conditions, their variety, their harvest time and maturity. Unlike the past, most of the organic foods that are available today compare very well in appearance with “natural grown” foods.
In most cases, low testosterone is related to lack of sex drive. However, when your testosterone levels are low, it may lead to some serious health problems. Some of these include lack of energy, metabolic syndrome, diabetes and risk of obesity. These days, you can choose from a wide range of male testosterone boosters. Before you purchase a product, it’s important to research about male testosterone boost ingredients. A better understanding of these ingredients make sure you purchase a safe product.
Low Testosterone Treatment Side Effects
Most health practitioners consider natural testosterone boosters and testosterone replacement therapy to be safe. With natural male testosterone boosters, you can be sure that the ingredients are safe and effective. However, there have been some studies which indicate that testosterone therapy can worsen some preexisting conditions, like :
High blood counts
Congestive heart failure
Benign prostatic hypertrophy.
Common Signs of Low Testosterone
A significant reduction in a man’s testosterone level is a very normal function of aging. For every year over the age of 30, the testosterone level in a man’s body reduces by 1% annually. A lot of people don’t know what natural hormone reduction means. People also wonder the side effects and signs of low testosterone. It’s worth mentioning that testosterone helps you maintain a wide range of bodily functions, including :
Muscle Strength / Mass
Red Blood Cell Production
Since testosterone affects a lot of different bodily function, reduction in levels can bring some significant emotional and physical changes. For your understanding, here are some common signs and symptoms of low testosterone.
The most common and prominent worry faced by men with decreasing testosterone levels is the possibility of lack in sex drive. In addition to this, sexual performance is also associated with low testosterone levels. When men age, they start experiencing a wide range of symptoms associated with sexual function. Some of the most common ones include infertility, reduced desire for sex and fewer erections. Most erections occur spontaneously during sleep.
According to the Cleveland Clinic, erectile dysfunction isn’t a common symptom of insufficient testosterone production. However, many authorities report that 70% men suffering from low testosterone levels experience erectile dysfunction. In addition to this, around 60% people with low testosterone levels suffer from lack of sex drive. There are some cases where erectile dysfunction accompanies low testosterone production. In such cases, hormone replacement therapy may be a good choice.
A wide range of physical changes in the body are related to low testosterone levels. Some of these include :
Increased Body Fat
Decreased Body Hair
Decreased Mass / Strength of Muscles
Tenderness / Swelling in breast tissue
Effects on Cholesterol Metabolism
Despite the fact that low testosterone levels can cause reduced energy levels, it can also cause other changes, such as insomnia or disrupted sleep patterns. Unfortunately, there are also some therapies that contribute to sleep apnea. This is a very serious problem, which causes your breathing to start and stop repeatedly during sleep.
Besides physical changes and sleep disturbances, low testosterone levels can also cause some emotional changes. This condition can lead to some feelings of depression or sadness. Moreover, it also causes an overall reduction in health and well being. Some people also experience trouble with concentration and memory, lowered self confidence and motivation.
While each symptom of low testosterone levels may be minor or less serious, there are also some serious concerns. In addition to this, you need to understand that some symptoms may be normal side effects of aging. Other common reasons you might experience these symptoms include :
Side effects of some medications
In order to determine the primary cause of these symptoms, you should schedule an appointment with the physician. He might request a blood test. The only sure way to determine testosterone levels in your body is a blood test. You should look for an experienced doctor.
Natural Low Testosterone Treatment
In the last few years, many people have been interested in natural testosterone treatment plans. With some basic changes to your lifestyle and diet, you can naturally increase your testosterone levels and live a healthy life. Purchasing high quality testosterone boosters is also necessary. Once again, you need to research about male testosterone booster ingredients before purchasing a product. Besides this, various methods can be used to boost testosterone levels. Some of the most effective ways to increase testosterone levels have been discussed below.
Lift Heavy Things – Resistance training can stimulate testosterone production in your body. Therefore, regular workouts and lifting heavy things can boost testosterone levels. In case you want to experiment further, you can try different things with your rest intervals between sets. It can stimulate many different hormonal responses.
Sprint – In young and adult men, a six second sprint can increase testosterone levels in the body. Levels also remain elevated during the recovery process. According to some researches, testosterone levels are correlated with lactate levels in your blood. Therefore, any training which causes increased lactate levels can also lead to higher testosterone levels.
Avoid Excessive Cortisol – Cortisol can reduce and antagonize free testosterone levels. Stress is one of the major factors for increase the release of cortisol in your system. Therefore, good sleep and avoiding stress can lead to higher testosterone levels. In addition to this, you should also avoid overtraining your body. It may affect your reproductive function and testosterone levels.
Vitamin D and Exposure to Sun – Vitamin D has always been associated with muscular and bone strength. It can also correlated with testosterone levels. If you have sensitive skin, you can take some natural Vitamin D supplements to boost testosterone levels in your body.
Overall, testosterone is an extremely important hormone for your longevity, vitality and health in both men and women. When you live a stress free life, perform regular workouts, and eat a healthy diet, it can boost your testosterone levels and make sure you live a healthy life. It is also important to increase your intake of Vitamin D. With some excellent natural low testosterone treatment plans, you don’t need synthetic supplements and drugs to promote testosterone production in the body.